The pages of this website are updated and expanded on a regular basis, but minor changes will not be listed here.
- June: on the "Measuring with a miniVNA" page, added a Bluetooth wireless link to the original miniVNA.
- On the "Magnetic Loop for 80-30 mtrs" page, added a completely new DC motor drive for my vacuum capacitor.
- On the "SM0VPO-style spiral loop antennas" page, added info and photos of my 20 m and 40 m spiral loop design, built by Dave (KGØD)
- Throughout the year: made many additions to the "Magnetic Loop for 80-30 mtrs" page, in particular a completely new DC motor drive for my vacuum capacitor.
- Added this page about a Small Transmitting Loop (STL, "Magnetic Loop") antenna, with the loop made of a Slinky® coil toy.
- Expanded the general STL page with one more type of coupling loop (variation F) and a section about the effects of temperature and humidity on the tuning capacitor.
- My website is now over 15 years old - time for a major overhaul:
- Website development, structures, styling, etc., has come a very long way since I started out. I got rid of the outdated "frames based" page structure and ugly Frontpage-coding, eliminated "Flash" animations (not supported by "Apple"), introduced HTML5, etc.
- This has been a major (!!!) undertaking, and I had to learn a lot of new stuff - the hard way. It has been an interesting-but-time-consuming challenge.
- I did try to accommodate old web browsers (such as Internet Explorer IE8 and older), which is rather tricky. There are at least half a dozen major web browsers out there (and a couple of dozen minor ones) - they have inconsistent interpretations of html and CSS.
- The pages should work with touch-screens as well now, but viewing the page contents may not be easy on tiny screens. I had to draw the line somewhere, and I am not a professional web developer.
- Re-formatted all pages (well over 200 pages - not just amateur radio stuff), touched up all images (almost 2000), checked nearly all of the ca. 2000 attached documents, made a completely new menu structure, etc.
- Added the "Umbrella Antenna" page.
- Added another Mag Loop to the "Small Mag Loop" page.
- On the "SM0VPO-style spiral loop antennas" page, added info and photos of my 40 m spiral loop design, built by Mauro (IK1WVQ).
- consolidated stuff about my antenna tuners on a separate page.
- added a page about experiments with a bent dipole (inverted-U).
- added "miniVNA VFO software" page with description of software that I developed, to use the miniVNA antenna analyzer as a VFO signal generator.
- added description of a home-built tube-roller (bender) on the Magnetic loop for 80-20 mtr page.
- I recently acquired an Alinco EDX-2 automatic antenna coupler to go with my Alinco DX70TH transceiver. I am in the process of installing it, with a 16m long end-fed wire antenna and a 4.5m vertical antenna.
- added the 80m short center-loaded vertical (4m) antenna.
- expanded the 80-20m Mag Loop antenna page with coupling methods, motor drive, results, photos.
- expanded the 80m based-loaded verticals page with several versions of the antenna.
- added KGD-dipole experiments.
- tried several 80m mid-loaded dipoles.
- started and expanded the "KGD" mini-dipole page.
- added a page about my experiments with the ZS6BWK version of the G5RV antenna system.
- added the 400W dummy load page.
- started the SM0VPO-style spiral loop antennas page.
- started the 20m mini verticals page, and expanded it with some different ways of loading, a vertical dipole, and an L-dipole.
- added the 20m 1/2-size Yagi beam page.
- Re-located from Seattle to Toulouse/France in 2001, bought a small transceiver in 2004, and started playing with a Slinky-coil dipole, hanging from the rafters inside my apartment.
- I created my .com website!
©1999-2016 F. Dörenberg, unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this publication may be used without permission from the author./p>