Each Hellschreiber mode and speed has a specific sound. For each original and modern Hellschreiber mode, a sound-clip is provided below. They can be printed with original Hellschreiber machines (Feld-Hell, Hell "GL", Hell-80, Thomson) and with Hellschreiber software.
- Feld Hell character set ("the quick brown fox")
- Feld-Hell QSO (recorded by Bill (KA8VIT) on 14-Sept-2008 via a WebSDR in The Netherlands)
- Hell-72 "GL" character set (sorry, the sound of my machine is a little scratchy)
- Hell-80 QSO (multi-station, mix of start-stop & synchronous, 1-March-2010, 7050 kHz)
- Hell-80 (synchronous mode, not start-stop, basically double-speed Feld-Hell mode)
- Hell-80 QSO in start-stop mode (Part 1; recorded 24-Jan-2011 from Hell-80 Net on 40m)
- Hell-80 QSO in start-stop mode (Part 2; recorded 24-Jan-2011 from Hell-80 Net on 40m)
- Thomson Hellschreiber (print as Feld-Hell @ 1250 Hz, or Hell-FM105/254 mode @ 1325 Hz)
- C/MT-Hell (text appears in waterfall display)
- SlowFeld (3 characters/min = 50x slower than regular Feld-Hell)
If you are having any problems with the player above, please try the original sounds page. Note: Apple iOS (2017) does not support click-to-download.
For the "Hell-80: QSO in start-stop mode (Part 1)" sound clip, you can click here for a scan of the associated paper tape print-out.
©2004-2017 F. Dörenberg, unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this publication may be used without permission from the author.