This salad is served at the salad bar of a small, local health-food restaurant in Toulouse/France. Very simple and tasty.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Makes 8-10 side-dish servings.
- 500 grams (1 lb) cooked red beets, diced, drained
- I simply use a package of pre-cooked and diced beets from the supermarket, and drain it
- 200 gram (1/2 lb) feta cheese, diced/crumbled
- 6-8 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Optional: 1/2-1 teaspoon ground anis seeds
- Optional: 6 fresh mint leaves, torn or coarsely chopped
EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
- Medium size bowl
- Sieve, for draining the cooked beets
PREPARATION / DIRECTIONS
- Drain the beets well
- Mix the beet and the feta dice in a bowl (and the ground anis seeds, if you want)
- Let sit for 30 minutes, for the flavors to blend (unless you are in a hurry)
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the salad, and mix
©2002-2016 F. Dörenberg, unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this publication may be used without permission from the author.